What is All Of Us Research Program?
All of Us is a new research program from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The goal is to advance precision medicine. Precision medicine is health care that is based on you as an individual. It takes into account factors like where you live, what you do, and your family health history. Precision medicine’s goal is to be able to tell people the best ways to stay healthy. If someone does get sick, precision medicine may help health care teams find the treatment that will work best.
- To achieve the goal, we need one million or more people. Those who join will share information about their health over time. Researchers will study this data.
- What they learn could improve health for generations to come. Participants are our partners. We’ll share information back with them over time.
Benefits Of Joining
You will be contributing to research that can improve health for everyone. Here are examples of what researchers might be able to discover:
Better medicine and/or information about how much of a medicine is right for each person.Learn more
It’s free to participate!
We hope that more than one million people will join the All of Us Research Program.
WHO CAN JOIN?
- Enrollment is open to all eligible adults who live in the United States. People of every race, ethnicity, sex, gender, and sexual orientation are welcome.
- Those who are not eligible to join at this time include people who are: in prison, unable to consent on their own, and younger than 18.
If you decide to join All of Us, we will ask you to share different kinds of information.
We will ask you basic information like your name, where you live, questions about your health, family, home, and work.
Data is Protected
The data that participants give to the All of Us Research Program is personal. To protect this information, we follow strict security protocols and processes.
Electronic Health Records
If you an electronic health record, we may ask for access. We might also ask you to give samples like blood or urine.
The All of Us Research Program is a large research program. The goal is to help researchers understand more about why people get sick or stay healthy. The All of Us Research Program is part of the Precision Medicine Initiative®.
Emory University is a part of the SouthEast Enrollment Center (SEEC), one of the Health Provider Organizations (HPO) partners of the National Institutes of Health (NIH)’s All of Us Research Program
- SEEC partners are located in one of the most ethnically diverse communities in the United States and proudly serves Florida and Georgia in the All of Us Research Program. To represent the rich diversity and the diverse needs of our communities, we aim to enroll over 100,000 of the one million or more people that All of Us aims to recruit across the country.
- If you decide to join the All of Us Research Program, you will be contributing to an effort to improve the health of generations to come. You will also learn about your own health.